Monday, September 24, 2007

Huckabee, Gingrich 2008!

After giving it some serious thought, I think I’ve come up with the perfect ticket. Huckabee & Gingrich 2008! I think this would be a balanced ticket with Huckabee’s executive experience as governor combined with Gingrich’s legislative experience in the house. Both have shown themselves to be progressive thinkers willing to look outside the box for solutions. Importantly this would be a winning combination. Gingrich’s weaknesses would be downplayed in the VP position (personal life etc doesn’t matter as much for VP) while his national presence and strong idea skills would strengthen the campaign.

To be honest, I think this would be the ticket that could beat Hillary. I just don’t see any other combination working. Millions of conservatives would probably sit home with a Giuliani or Romney candidacy. And neither would be able to offer a clear alternative to Hillary. I both hope and pray that these two men can come together for the good of the country and provide a viable means of change for us all.